It's been half of a year since she joined our family. Six months since Gotcha! I keep recounting the months and checking the calendar because that just can't be right. Hasn't she always been with us? Didn't we just get back from China? I haven't even unpacked. Really. I haven't. In the past six months, Annalyn has been with her family constantly. She has stayed close to her parents, her bubbas, or her grandparents every moment. Maybe it's time to check out the church nursery. She seems as attached as any homegrown child could be. She fits in perfectly. She's just one of the kids. We'll have another visit from the social worker this week. We're still finishing up paperwork. There's still quite a bit to do, but we're on the home stretch. At least, our baby girl is home.
Wow! I hadn't even realized that... seems hard to believe we got home from China 6 months ago! thanks for reminding me!
ReplyDeleteDarren and I keep saying the same thing - Some days it seems like we just got back from China, and some days, we can't believe we were actually in China! Hope everything is going great! Peyton is doing wonderful. I need to update my blog.....where to find the time though. :-) Hugs and kisses to you guys! -Karen, Darren & Peyton
ReplyDeleteI found your blog from the yahoo group (homeschooling). I am new to the group..but love looking at the blogs. Congratulations on your daughter's homecoming!! We have a daughter from China, home 4 years this summer, and we are waiting on our referral from Korea.
ReplyDeleteIt is great to hear how well your daughter has adjusted to being home!