Annalyn was so afraid of wind and sunlight when we first got her. It took her a couple of weeks at home before she would touch the grass. Now, she pleads with us to take her outside every day. Today, she and I were singing and dancing out on the deck. All of a sudden, she stopped, yelled, and pointed. She was pointing at her shadow. I walked over beside her and told her what it was and showed her my shadow. She began moving her arms slowly above her head and to the side. She squealed and giggled. Trying her best to catch it, she started chasing her shadow just like Peter Pan.
Everything is new to her. I know that, but I'm still struggling with grasping it. Everything is new! Wind, sunshine, shadows, gravity, animals, dolls, leaves, sticks, sippy cups, carpet...it's all new.
No comments:
Post a Comment