Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. (Isaiah 43:5)

Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Break


The boys went to MeMa's to meet up with cousins on Fall Break. That left me home alone with a toddler for several days. It's been a long time since I've done that. We talked a hundred times on the toy phone. She's working on the word 'Hello' which will be her fourth after 'Momma' (that includes anyone in the family), 'Uh Oh', and 'Mup' (as in 'pick me up'). We enjoyed many tea parties with dollies and teddies. It's so sweet that she's gotten over her fear of stuffed animals and is nearly over the fear of real ones. She even giggled this moring when the schnauzer licked her on the face. We spent hours singing in the porch swing, even in the rain. It was nice to be able to focus just on her, but it was hard to do anything else like cooking or emailing. Now, I'm so glad to have the boys back, and we're trying to get into a routine again. I wonder if we ever will.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got some "alone time" with Annalyn! I know the feeling of not being able to get things done. Love reading about how she is progressing!

    ReplyDelete