Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. (Isaiah 43:5)

Monday, October 11, 2010

Rags to Riches


I am totally overwhelmed by the 'showering' of gifts upon Annalyn. Thanks to the ladies at church and the grandmothers and the aunts and friends and even strangers, Annalyn is certainly the best dressed girl in the county. She has gone from not having a thread to her name to having the wardrobe of a princess.

I've been trying to comprehend the photos from the orphanage. The part we were allowed to see (the gardens mainly)and in the published photos are lavish. One would think this 'model orphanage' is well kept and modern. Then I look at the photos taken by the nannies with our disposable camera. At first I only noticed that they were close ups of her and didn't really show the environment at all. But, as I've looked more carefully in better light, I see that there is a background that they probably were trying to hide. The paint has been chewed off the 'fence' or big play pen. The paint has flaked off the walls. A rotary telephone and mini fridge on a shelf have their cords dangling down the wall. There are very few toys. The children look blank.

What must she think? Annalyn has lived in that room as long as she can remember. Now, she lives in a house with a family who waits on her hand and foot. She has more toys than she knows what to do with and more clothes than she can possibly wear. Cinderella!

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." Luke 12:48 So much has been given to Annalyn, I wonder where this is going. I wonder what God has in store for her life. I wonder why she was chosen and what His plans are. I'm so thrilled to be included in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment