Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. (Isaiah 43:5)

Friday, October 15, 2010

Sleep? I remember that.

I remember what it's like to sleep all night long and wake refreshed the next morning. I remember what it's like to wake up to nurse a newborn and doze back off for a few hours. I also remember the occasional night with a wailing baby that won't be comforted, but those were few and far between. Now, we sleep with a toddler at our side who cries in her sleep. She's happy when she's awake and she throws tantrums in her sleep. Last week several people suggested we try sleeping with music playing. She slept much quieter, but it's hard for us to get used to. One night, the cd kept waking my hubby as it sounded like his cell phone ring. Another night, we accidentally had it set to repeat the same song - Vivaldi's Four Seasons. It starts out with a bang then ends softly. I think I woke up every time it repeated. Last night, we woke up to her sleeping screams at 3:00am. We'd forgotten to put on a cd. So, we were half asleep and trying to remember how our son's cd player works and the first two cds were scratched and sounded like a broken record. On the upside, once we figured out how to play the music, Annalyn quieted back down. Pray for rest. It's a sweet treat we miss. Pray for peace for Annalyn. All the stress of a new life seems to be coming out in night terrors.

ps. This picture was taken in Shanghai. See the very thin matress and very thick, pure silk comforter? Nope, didn't try to bring one home. Maybe she'd sleep better under silk.

No comments:

Post a Comment