Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. (Isaiah 43:5)

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Month After Gotcha


It's always annoyed me a bit when blogs I'm following suddenly end at the trip home. I understand it now. You turn into a zombie when you walk through your front door. You try to jump into your normal life, but 'normal' no longer exists and has to be reinvented.

In the past month, we've watched Annalyn turn from a passive baby doll into a playful, scheming, fairly ordinary toddler. She's gone from not crying at all that first week to crying when she doesn't get what she wants. She's gone from frantically eating everything available to signing 'more' when she's hungry and 'up' when she's full. She's gone from playing only with stacking cups and a book to playing with anything her brothers will teach her. She's gone from being terrified of anything that looks like an animal to playing with stuffed animals and tolerating dogs and donkeys in her presence. She's gone from falling over sitting up unsupported to walking across a room before she falls or grabs onto someone. She has gone from being a child in an orphanage to a child in a family.

1 comment:

  1. Has it really been a month already?! Time flies! Glad to hear of all of the progress Annalyn has made. We comment everyday about that with Cadence. Hope good things continue your way!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete