Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. (Isaiah 43:5)

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Flying Home


Hong Kong's airport is easy to navigate but hard to order food in. We didn't have time for breakfast before checking in, so we thought we'd just eat airport food. That's a problem if you don't really understand the menu. We ended up with enough breakfast to feed the whole family. I ate noodles with barbecue pork and didn't touch the soup. Raymond and Annalyn had a bucket of congee with fish intestines and gills. Yummm!

When we got on the airplane, I immediately apologized to the business man who had to sit with us. I could just imagine what terror he must have felt seeing a new adopted toddler nestling in beside him for a fourteen hour flight. But, doesn't the Lord have this all planned out? The man was pleased to be sitting with us, as he brought home his second daughter from China lass than a year ago. And, another man behind us jumped in with questions, as he and his wife have been considering international adoption. I gave him a card, and I hope his wife is following along. (Hello there!) Perhaps another family is starting this journey.

The 747 home was SO much more comfortable than the 777 we took to get there. We went economy both ways, but there is an enormous difference. If you're going, try to stay out of the 777 sardine can.

Descending toward home we spotted the massive cross at Lifechurch. What a sweet sight that was! It took us a while to get off the plane, go through the first emigration line, go through the second (at which one Annalyn became an American I'm not sure)and get checked through customs again. When we finally headed toward baggage claim, we saw the sweetest sight ever. First, I spied a big batch of balloons and banners. Then, I saw our precious boys coming out to hug us. How long we've waited for those hugs! Then, grandparents and friends were there snapping photos and weeping.

Annalyn went right to her new brothers. She went right to her new grandparents. She seemed to recognized them. The boys started arguing over who got to sit by her in the van, and they still are. Makes me smile that their fights are over who GETS to ride beside baby sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment