I have so much going on this week, I feel like one of those performers who spin many plates on sticks until they all fall. I hope none of my plates fall. Here's a sample...School started Thursday. We homeschool and are in a co-op type group, Classical Conversations, where we have class once a week. I'm teaching the kindergarten group this year. Wow, they are cute and little, and I've gotten SO used to big kids...I've been walking a bit in shoes. My foot doesn't like it. The doctor wants me to wear the gigantic walking boot and request a wheelchair in the Chicago airport....My dryer is falling apart. As Patrick said, "Yea! We'll be like pioneers." I'm getting to line dry all the clothes we are packing. We are planning to hand wash quick-dry clothes in China, so this is just practice....I have to book my own hotel for that last night in Hong Kong. I've never booked a room anywhere before and have no idea how to choose one. The recommended hotels are way too expensive....We bought a refurbished, little laptop to take with us for communication. It suddenly is not working. We can't get ahold of any of the computer guys we know, and I am freaking out. I have to Skype with my babies....Skype apparently doesn't work on dial-up, so even if we get the little laptop going, our boys can't skype with us from home....I went to town yesterday, and forgot to stop at the notary. I'll have to go back to get papers done to allow the grandparents to authorize medical treatment fot the kids and to keep Annalyn from having to take a stupid number of vaccinations in Guangzhou....I've been trying to get Andrew's drivers permit before we leave, but I'm giving up. It seems you have to plan on a four hour wait to sign in a the examiner's office, and I just don't have that kind of time right now....Packing. Did I mention packing?...And, we still have to finish getting all the Legos and G.I.Joes out of the nursery. Here's a mess, there's a mess, everywhere's a mess mess... Okay, I'm done whining.
On the flipside...praise the Lord! We have the funds we need to go. Just in time! From the beginning, I have completely trusted that God would take care of the finances. He has come through in amazing ways. His people have come through. I am overwhelmed by the number of people who are helping us bring Annalyn home.
Maybe I should trust God to manage the dryer and laptop, too. Faith like a mustard seed...
No comments:
Post a Comment