Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. (Isaiah 43:5)

Monday, August 2, 2010

Wired

Money exchanged in China must be unmarked and uncreased. Almost everything must be paid for in cash, which often means traveling with large sums and trying to not wrinkle it. Our agency always sends the money for hotels and in-county flights ahead of time, so families are not traveling with that cash. That fee is coming up shortly, but we had another one pop up sooner than expected. Our agency made arrangements to wire the adoption fee to Shanghai. That is the biggest fee, and I've been quite uneasy about carrying it in cash. So, when the opportunity came, I was thrilled, except that we didn't have nearly enough money and it was due right away. But, this is God's deal, not our. He has provided every step of the way. It is astounding to watch Him pull this whole thing together. Thanks to A Brother's Love and to anonymous friends who have donated through Lifesong and to those who just handed us a few dollars or many, we received enough to have the fee wired just in time. We now have about 40% of our deficit covered. The Lord seems to never be early but always be on time.

1 comment:

  1. Grandpa figured out how to post I think!

    I talked to my co-hort Gary Roesler last night
    His sister has a baby from China 15 months old, told him about ours and sent him a letter and a picture today.
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete