Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. (Isaiah 43:5)

Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Bible

Just before we left, my parents got us a lovely, purple, bilingual Bible.
We had been reading it mostly on the plane. When Savor our guide in Shanghai
came to our room, she spotted it and raved over it. She couldn't believe
there were Chinese Bibles in America and that there is a Chinese Christian
church near us. She said that she has only a tiny Bible and she likes to read
the Psalms. So, when we left for the airport, we gave her a gift. Raymond went
through the Bible marking it with notes about favorite passages and tucking
new one dollar bills inside. I put it in a red sack (traditional for gifts)
and told her to be sure to look for the treasure inside the gift. Gifts
aren't opened in front of the giver, but the package fell out of her carryon
bag and fell open at the airport. She picked it up and started to put it back,
then she said,'No, I keep treasure in my purse.' She was so happy to have
it. I pray other Christians will come into her life and she will find the
Lord for herself. She has been such a blessing to us.</HTML>

No comments:

Post a Comment