We're staying at the Everbright Hotel. It might be the most enormous one I have ever seen. I'll try to attach photos of the view from our room. The tall buildings are the ends of the hotel. It makes a huge square. In the middle is a sports complex for members of a fitness club. Hotel guests are allowed to use the lap pool for $20 each, even the baby. Guess we'll save swimming for Guangzhou.
Our room is nice and very large by Chinese standards. This must be a suite. There's a king sized bed, firm but not too hard. There's a second room that's a little office. They provide a fridge (we had them empty it), a safe, bath robes, a hot pot for boiling unsanitary tap water, toothbrushes, and such. Around the block are apartments above countless tiny restaurants and groceries.
Prayer Requests: My foot is hurting quite a lot. The plane ride was hard on it, I'm planning to do a great deal of walking today. Also, I'm having a little asthma. The only thing that causes that for me is cats. I knew I would be exposed to cats in China, so I've already been taking asthma medicines to prevent it. It's keeping me from sleeping right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment