Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. (Isaiah 43:5)

Monday, September 6, 2010

Gotcha, by Mommy


Annalyn seems so comfortable with us. At Gotcha she let me hold her and as soon as I said in my very poor Chinese 'My name Momma,' she snuggled into me and stayed for at least an hour. They said that she is recovering from a cold and gave us amoxicilian and cough medicine she's been on. Ahh, cough medicine. She was a bit sedated. After a short nap and four hours (time for the cough medicine to wear off) she started playing and laughing. We sat all afternoon on the bed throwing and passing and hiding the little Winnie the Pooh balls Grandma had sent. When I got up and started putting some things away, she spotted the photo album we'd sent in July. She hollered and reached for it. She sat maybe another hour flipping quickly back and forth through the book, patting the pictures. That is HER book. She is sleeping with it right now. She must have had it in her crib and been told we were coming. We are certain she recognized us from it. That doesn't mean she won't grieve the loss of her home and friends, but they at least did prepare her for it. There have been no tears yet, only giggles.

By the way....we cannot see our blog from China. We cannot read comments or know if the photos attached properly. We can check our email, though. I'd love to hear from America.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your updates, can you post photos of you guys with her? Haven't seen those, just your updates. Sounds like it is all going fabulously. Did your foot stop hurting when you started holding your baby girl?
    :o)

    Saying prayers for all of you.

    Marlene Lynch
    marlene@bluemoonboers.com

    ReplyDelete