Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. (Isaiah 43:5)

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday at Church

Annalyn heard the gospel preached in both her languages today. We attended the Christian Church on the island. It is a simply decorated, gorgeous, 1800's building with about 200 citizens and a dozen or so adoptive families. I had heard through reading others' blogs that a shop keeper named Judy attends there, so I looked her up and found out the time for the service. The message was about sacrifice – both Jesus sacrifice on the cross and our daily sacrifices in serving Him. It was preached in Mandarin and translated into English. (Sunday School class is conducted in Cantonese.) It was beautiful to sing familiar worship songs in difference languages at the same time. We are so glad Annalyn's first church service could be here, and she got to hear John 3:16 in her native language.

No comments:

Post a Comment