Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. (Isaiah 43:5)

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Six More Hours in Labor

I was so tired last night. I put together the gift bags. The guide says we need two more gifts than the agency had told us, so I've split it all up. Momma had sent Mary Kay makeup and brush sets, and we have lots of American candy. I had bought a package of red sacks and gold tissues, and I'd just thrown the packages in without opening, so it turns out to be enough. We tried to skype the boys, but they weren't up yet. I put on my eye mask for the plane and fell right to sleep. I bounced out of bed to check the time. First I checked how dry my hair is, since I went to bed right after my shower. Damp. It's not been eight hours. Then I looked outside to see if the sun is coming up. You can't really tell here. The light pollution is so heavy that it could be dawn all night long. I turned on the computer and sighed. It's only 3am.

I was surprised by myself last night as I prepared the bags and got ready for bed. I was so calm and collected. I thought I should be jittery with butterflies in my tummy, but I was taking it all in stride. Here I am at 3am needing to sleep a couple more hours. Impossible. We are six hours away from our baby girl. It's starting to sink in. I've spent years preparing for this moment, and I'm suddenly in labor.

Meanwhile, Raymond's sleeping like a rock. Men!

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you all. I can hardly wait to see pictures posted with her mommy and daddy!!! Love you all Aunt Dea

    ReplyDelete